Real estate photography in Miami is a very useful tool for real estate agents. Quality property photos will help you stand out from the competition and sell more properties. Potential real estate buyers first search for listings on specialty real estate websites. For this reason, it is the most important resource to achieve a quick real estate sale.
How To Take Good Real Estate Photography in Miami?
Taking quality real estate photography in Miami that captures the attention of potential buyers is more than just picking up your camera and taking a few photos inside the property. There is an art to the number of elements that come together to create images that enhance the property for sale and entice interested parties to call and book an appointment.
• The first thing to do is plan. This way you will know how many photo sessions you have to do and what equipment and supplies you need.
• Sequence and amplitude. The first thing to do before you start shooting is to arrange, clean, organize, and remove unnecessary items from the room. The end result largely depends on how objects and other elements appear in the image.
• Lighting is a key aspect of the end result. If you want to use natural light, make sure it’s bright enough to illuminate the room.
• The importance of perspective in real estate photography. You can shoot from different planes and get drastically different images. Before you start photographing a room, you need to assess which parts of the room stand out the most and what you want your image to convey.
Try to choose the furthest point to get an image that brings together all the details and elements that make a room attractive. This distance will allow you to fully capture the space and show potential buyers the dimensions of the house, or residence.
Camera for Real Estate Photography in Miami
A single-lens reflex (DSLR) camera with a full-frame sensor is the preferred camera for photographing homes and other properties. With that, and a good wide-angle lens, you can get a bigger picture in a tight space.
For real estate photography, a wide-angle lens is essential to ensure optimal framing and minimize distortion.
An essential accessory for real estate photography equipment is a tripod so you can stabilize your camera and take photos with different exposures. The bracket allows you to keep the same position for all images; this way you can overlay images after the fact.
You also need a shutter so you don’t touch the camera while shooting. The slightest movement will eventually lead to a loss of clarity and image quality.
For accurate framing, include a level comparable to those used in the design and even the level of the camera itself. This allows you to level the camera to capture the horizon of the room for a balanced image.
Tips And Tricks for Real Estate Photography
To get the best real estate photos, there are a few details to consider so you can get stunning photos that appeal to potential buyers.
• Choose the best time of day
Each season has its best moments to take advantage of natural light and get images with depth and contrasting colors. It is also good to consider the weather forecast; cloudy days will not help to get good pictures.
• Combine natural and artificial lighting
By combining light sources, you get a real estate photography in Miami that reveals a comfortable space. If you find that the light coming through the window is too strong, you can use curtains or blinds to adjust it. To control the brightness of the image, you can try adjusting the ISO value and the exposure time, since the aperture will always remain at a closed value, providing the desired sharpness.
• Furniture arrangement
The type of arrangement of furniture is not always the best. Sometimes it will be necessary to move them to create a cozier and more visually appealing atmosphere.
By controlling the colors red, yellow and blue, you can get images with a cool or warm environment. This can be achieved by operating the camera in manual or semi-automatic mode.
• Choose the best angle
Look for parallel lines in different elements of the room: furniture, ceiling, floor; They will serve as reference points to balance the image.
It is best to take pictures with the camera at 90º from eye level. For a wide-angle effect, it’s always best to shoot from an angle. If the room is attractive and spacious, photograph it from different angles.
Always be very careful not to appear on glass or mirrors. This is a very common mistake and you should avoid it at all costs.
Why Do You Need Good Real Estate Photography in Miami?
A real estate directory with great photos, and a real estate CRM client are two of the most important investments a real estate agent can make.
With a good house, that is, a place where people want to live, and good clients with money in their pockets, even a fool can do business. However, not everything is so rosy.
The interiors of modern houses are not always in good condition and customers are always haggling to save money.
To solve the first obstacle, we have home staging. We analyze the principles of this discipline, which includes cleaning, repairing, and decorating. There is a big difference between before and after home decoration, and the investment is very small. The use of these techniques can avoid downward negotiations, which in some cases can reach 15% of the price.
So, what’s the point of making this investment without a great real estate photo to highlight the results? Now, if you are taking photos for your real estate website, we recommend two options: hire a professional, or take a real estate photography course.
Prices vary depending on the city and the type of property: a 90 m2 apartment in a small town is not the same as a mansion in the capital. These jobs require different types of professionals and different times.
Why Hire a Professional Photographer?
Properties posted with professional photography have been shown to sell faster than properties that do not use professionally taken images.
Remember that photographs are the client’s window to make a first impression, since they will be able to observe, appreciate and even imagine themselves inside the property. These aspects influence the final decision, so real estate photography in Miami must be as attractive as possible to inspire a purchase.
• Highlight the best features of the property. Although technology has made it possible to take great photos even with a cell phone; even if you have camera skills, only professional real estate photographers know the techniques and “tricks” to capture and highlight the most impressive real estate photography in Miami.
• You will attract more clients. Stunning visuals will delight your clients, give your work a good reference, and recommend it to others, not only increasing your client base, but also differentiating you from the competition.
• Improve the content of your website and advertising media. The Internet is the primary medium for potential buyers to search for and evaluate real estate opportunities; For this reason, professional real estate photography in Miami is essential to get more visits and contacts. Likewise, professional photography will make your advertisement (physical or virtual) more impressive, and attract more attention.
• You demonstrate experience and professionalism. As a real estate agent, you place great emphasis on displaying professional images of your property that demonstrate experience and a high degree of professionalism. This is something that clients notice, and immediately creates a sense of return and confidence that buying or selling that property is in the hands of people who know what they are doing.
Tips For Hiring a Real Estate Photographer
For those of us who are not experts in the field, choosing a good real estate photographer can be quite a challenge. The purpose of this section is to tell you what to ask for, what criteria to choose, and what to expect from the photographers you work with.
• What kind of photos do you take outdoors?
This applies more to houses than to apartments: it may be a good idea to capture real estate photography in Miami at sunset or to take advantage of the first rays of the sun. If the photographer doesn’t want to come and shoot early in the morning or at sunset, that’s probably not the service you’re looking for.
• Do their services include the preparation of the photo session?
A room that seems strange to the human eye looks great under the camera lens. A good real estate photographer (or someone who makes a home kit) knows how to arrange a space to highlight its features and distract us from its flaws.
While it may not be possible to replace the furniture, it is possible to rearrange what it’s already there so that it looks better on camera.
• How long does it take to process the images?
Time is of the essence in this business. Clients want these images to be uploaded as soon as possible. In that sense, we don’t want to rush the work and sacrifice quality, but three or four days to get ready and delivered is reasonable.
Cristian Valles is an experienced Miami-based photographer who will be able to capture the essence of a property and make it sell fast. Check out his portfolio, schedule an appointment, or find more information about his services on Cristian Valles Films